We're back with another festive DIY idea! This time we've got the perfect stocking filler; a hot chocolate gift set. My favourite recipe for homemade hot chocolate has to be from Jamie Oliver's Drinks Tube (watch here). It's so thick and chocolatey and you can even make it with different flavoured chocolate - we've tried chocolate orange, peppermint and even chilli! Yum yum. This makes enough to fill a jar like this one here which makes lots of hot chocolate. You're best to watch the video to see how amazing it looks but here's a summary of the recipe.
You will need:
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g cocoa powder
- 100g icing sugar
- 50g cornflour
- 50g malted drink powder (like Horlicks)
- pinch of salt
- Pop the chocolate in food processor and blitz until it becomes a fine powder.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and pulse a few times until combined.
- Pour mix into a lidded jar and you're done! Finish with twine and a festive gift tag.
- To make into hot chocolate measure a mug of milk into a saucepan and add two heaped tablespoons of the mix. Whisk on a medium heat for 5 mins and it will become thick and smooth, ready for you to top with your favourite hot chocolate toppings!
I hope you like this gift idea! Do you make a lot of gifts at Christmas?