6 Tips for Creating Content
(without the last minute panic)
Content creation can be overwhelming when you're already juggling all the jobs of a small business owner. I find it really helps me keep notes throughout the month whenever an idea pops into my head and work on the content all at one time. Here are my tips for creating content:
1. Work out your key post types. These will be the framework and you can keep them on rotation. Mine roughly breaks down to portfolio, tips, and testimonials but I also try and share snippets into my life as I’m a big part of my brand.
2. Keep a ‘Content Ideas’ note in your phone. It’s often a random conversation or article that sparks an idea. I make a note of it, then when I next go to schedule a batch of content I’ll often have a few notes to get me started. This is also super handy for planning your next photoshoot if you realise you need some new visuals for future content.
3. Use templates. Whether that’s on Canva or you get some designed for you (I offer this as a service) it’ll be much easier to create content when you don’t have to create graphics from scratch.
4. Batch create. Set aside a few hours/afternoon/day - whatever works for you - and a goal for how many posts you’ll create. I can usually do a month of posts in a half-day, with an aim of 3 posts a week. Once you get a few done you’ll get into the swing of things and you’ll be so glad to tick it off your to-do list.
5. Use a scheduling app so you don’t have to remember to post on the day. I use the free plan of Later but Facebook Business Suite has a lot of features which include video content and carousels.
6. Create a ‘content’ album on your phone to save up any images you take at busy times. Often on admin days it’s hard to show what you’re doing, so having a backlog of content can be very helpful.
Here you'll find my latest projects, behind the scenes, tips, DIY projects and more!