8 Ways to Take Better Photos Using Your Phone Camera
Professional photos are great for when you have the budget, whether it's for a new collection or a planned content shoot. Other times, you just need to take a quick pic using your phone and having a go-to process will help keep your photography consistent.
1. Make sure you’re setting up in a well-lit area, preferably next to a window but not in direct sunlight
2. Clean the lens first - you’d be surprised how many fingerprints end up on there which will stop you from getting sharp images.
3. Check your image size is on the highest resolution. Some phones default to a lower res for lower file size.
4. Always edit. Snapseed is easy and free - you can save a preset to keep your images consistent.
5. Keep your phone steady, a phone tripod or makeshift way of propping it up may be handy depending on the angle you’re going for.
6. If you’re taking a flat-lay be sure to keep the phone level. Look for straight lines in the composition and make sure they run parallel. You can also usually turn on a grid on your camera to help with this.
7. Remember and tap to focus!
8. Keep in mind what you’ll be using your photos for so you can plan where you’ll be cropping.
Here you'll find my latest projects, behind the scenes, tips, DIY projects and more!